While the Mr. is away I get to eat all the stuff that I want to eat!
I also get to stay at work as late as I want. Since Joe’s staying with us now, the animals have company (and trash gets pushed out!).
Last night, we went out to dinner to Kazoo for some sushi. The Mister doesn’t like Kazoo. But I DO!
We order a chawanmushi. I love chawanmushi!
After much discussion, Joe and I decided to make some just for fun for dinner.
Here’s the recipe I used.
- 3 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups cooled soup stock [chicken stock + fish-based stock (powdered or liquid form acceptable) + dash of sake and soy sauce]
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of soy sauce
- 4 slices of gu
- Bamboo shoot
- Gently beat the eggs using a fork or chopsticks, not an eggbeater.
- Add salt and soy sauce to the stock
- Add soup stock mixture a little at a time while you stir the eggs. It can be lukewarm but not hot.
- Place a slice of the gu in each cup, and pour in the mixture of egg and soup stock.
- Place a cilantro leaf on top.
- Boil water in a steamer, and turn the heat down to medium.
- Place the cups in the steamer, and steam for approximately 12 minutes.
I cooked for 20 min instead of 12, because it was still a bit runny after 12 minutes. It could be because the cups I used were a bit bigger.
Anyway, it was tasty. Here are some pictures I took with the camera phone. (The Mr took the nice camera with him to Ireland… So these will have to do)
Ready to eat!