Got my new iPhone!!! It’s awesome. I will not get another android phone ever again. As much as I love the idea behind it, the lack of quality is icky. It’s my inner qa I guess! Can’t wait to go back to blog on the fly with my new phone!
Got wordpress to work on my new droid phone!! I can mobile blog once agan! All I need to figure out now is why my phone think I need the Japanese IME….
The cable guy came today and gave us the gift of internet and cable TV!
We picked up the keys on Monday and so far so good. The house is on a reversed house plan where the living room is on the 2nd floor. It’s very bright and sunny on the 2nd floor. Apparently, most Irish people don’t like this config. I think it’s awesome! After a heavy night of drinking you can just go to your room without having climbing the stairs.
The house is different than I remembered. I thought it was a 2 double bed and one single bed room. But I was wrong! It’s two single and one double. One of the single room was like the size of our closet. The floor board are like uneven and one of the door doesn’t close. The landlord said that the guy who built the house fancied himself as a handyman and they had to re hang all the door after they bought it.
One good thing about the house is that it’s like 2 min away from the Estuary. The village is about 15 minute by foot and there’s a grocery store 5 minute away.
Yesterday we took the DART to center of Dublin and went to see a reading of a play written by his grand uncle. His cousin was in the reading. Anyway, it was pretty good except I was falling a sleep.
For Easter, I’ve decided to make some Shrimp! So I looked around the internet and found Ina Garten’s Shrimp Cocktail recipe. It’s easy, fast and I have all the things I need (other than Shrimp of course!)
I love Ina Garten’s recipe! I made her lentil soup last week and it was a total hit. The only thing I don’t like is that everything out of the recipe book serves 6 to 10. When there’s only 2, you end up eating the same thing over and over again. But, it’s so good, I can eat it over and over again!
I couldn’t find Horse Radish at the store, so we substituted wasabi. I guess you can say we made this cocktail sauce with an Asian flair. Anyway, Mr said it taste fine and wasabi is in the horse radish family so I am sure it’s awesome.
Here’s the recipe!
Roasted Shrimp Cocktail
From Ina Garten
For the shrimp:
- 2 pounds (12 to 15-count) shrimp
- 1 tablespoon good olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup chili sauce (recommended: Heinz)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (I used 2 squeezes of Wasabi)
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce (recommended: Tabasco)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel and devein the shrimp, leaving the tails on. Place them on a sheet pan with the olive oil, salt, and pepper and spread them in 1 layer. Roast for 8 to 10 minutes, just until pink and firm and cooked through. Set aside to cool.
- For the sauce, combine the chili sauce, ketchup, horseradish, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce. Serve as a dip with the shrimp.
It’s awesome and easy!!